Thursday, July 24, 2008

MY STORY FOR THE COMPETITION!

Kynt and Vyxsin
by LauraD

Entry in jackheath.com.au fanfiction competition.

I ran to the front door of my house. I was so late. My mum will kill me. I opened up the door and went straight to the kitchen.

"Vyxsin, where have you been?" Mum yelled.

"Mum, I can explain. The teacher kept us in after school..." I trailed off and looked at my shoes.

"Well, your little sister had to walk home by herself!" Mum said, glaring at me.

I hated my little sister. But no, Mum always made me look after the little pest. I couldn't believe I was getting yelled at after I had walked her home every day for the past year.

"Mum, this was just a one-off."

"Vyxsin, I am SO disappointed in you. Now, get changed. A workmate of mine is coming for dinner tonight. She is bringing her child." Mum went back to cooking the dinner.

I went to my room to do some homework. Mum was always inviting workmates around. She never had any time for me. Feeling frustrated, I finished my Trig homework. Then the doorbell rang.

"Vyxsin! Answer the door! I'm busy!" Mum yelled.

Shoot. I got up and went to the front door and opened it. A lady was standing there with a boy standing next to her.

"Hi," said the boy, "I'm Kyntak!"

"Um, hi. Come in," I said, motioning for them to come inside.

They came into the family room which was adjacent to the kitchen. Mum came out to see them.

"Liz! I see you met my daughter, Vyxsin," Mum introduced.

Liz smiled. "Yeah, I guess I have."

Kyntak smiled at me. He had a gorgeous smile. "Hi Vyxsin! That's a pretty name."

I blushed. "Thanks."

We sat down in the lounge room and watched TV. My mum and Liz stayed in the family room, chatting.

"So, how is school?" Kyntak asked.

"Good. You?"

"Not bad."

We chatted heaps about school. Then we started chatting about music.

"I really like the band Panic At The Disco. I'm going to their concert," Kyntak beamed at me, still smiling.

"Yeah. They're a good band."

"You can come too. I have an extra ticket. My mum was going to go but she is trying to get out of it."

"Really? Thank you so much. I'll pay you back..."

"Nah, you don't have to pay." He put his arms around me. "I love you and don't ever forget it."

"Love you too." And I rested my head on his shoulder.

4 comments:

Hey, how's it going said...

ok, i don't mean any offence what so evr but still, ur other stories were pretty good but tis one... don't u think that things r going a bit too quick.

Anyway, i'm in the comp too so plz read it n give some advice. Tnks!

From I am a fan of Jack Heath

Laura said...

Well, I have another story in the competition. It is called The New Kid. X]

rio95000 said...

Nice. I'm guessing you're a fan of the Amazing Race too...

Laura said...

I am. I love the Amazing Race. ^_^