Saturday, January 5, 2008

Movie Review - I Am Legend

Vitals
Stars: Will Smith, and a really cute dog.
Genre: Sci-Fi, Thriller (sometimes appears more Horror).
Rated: M
Average Critic Score: 7.5 Stars (out of 10)
My Score: 3.5 Stars (out of 5)

I actually enjoyed this movie quite a lot.
It is based on an old book of the same name, which I have not read. However, I like to distant movies from books they were based on, simply because they often change it a lot, and you're going to be let down if you compare the two.
I liked the way this movie didn't reveal everything at once, and there were flashbacks throughout the film. It created magnificent suspense.

*WARNING* Spoilers may follow!
The story is, basically, about the "sole" surviver of a virus break out (it was initionally thought to cure cancer) on Earth. We find out that our sole surviver is Dr. Robert Neville, who pretty much caused said virus breakout. He is kept company by his dog, Sam (who ends up dying :'[).
He is technically not alone. There are zombie/vampire-like creatures (that used to be humans) with the virus. They like killing and stuff. Also, they only come out at night
Neville, being a doctor and all, is trying to find a cure for this, with little success.
After his dog, Sam, is killed by Freaky Virused Vampire Zombie Dogs, Neville also tries to kill himself via Freaky Virused Vampire Zombies. He is saved by a woman named Ana and her son Ethen, who are on their way to a supposed colony of survivers.
Neville ends up finding a cure for the virus, and gives his life to kill the Freaky Virused Vampire Zombies.
A new world is created, and Ana and Ethen find the colony.


Overall, I suggest you go see it - it's not the best movie ever, but it is enjoyable.

I Am Legend is in cinemas now.

1 comment:

Laura said...

*Runs to the cinemas to see I Am Legend*

Sounds interesting. One day, I'll go and see it.

I saw an ad for it. It was like population - 6 billion in 2009 or whatever the date was. And then it had a date like 2016 and it said population - 1