Wednesday, January 30, 2008

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY!

I was reading my brand new copy of Girlfriend today... And I came across a book review. Now, I love books especially when the author of the book is famous other than being an author.
i.e. I like Strauchanie's book and he isn't an actual author.

This particular book (that I found in the Girlfriend mag) is called The Umbrella Academy. It caught my eye because of the word 'umbrella' because of the Rihanna song.

I want to read this book cos it sounded cool and weird.

Go and read this book. Now! X]

If you need help finding it: The author is Gerard Way and it would be in the 'fiction' section of a bookshop. =]

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not a book; it's a comic book 8D.
And it's fabulous~!

Laura said...

Comic book is the SAME as a book. =]

Anonymous said...

No, it comes out monthly or something.
A book comes out once.

Laura said...

So, has Gerard written MANY comic books?? So Umbrella Academy is just one of them??

Anonymous said...

The Umbrella Academy is a comic book series. Gerard was an artist before he was in MCR.

Laura said...

I see..
So where do they sell these comic books??
And do you have to read the comic books in order? Like start with the first issue and so on??

Anonymous said...

They sell comic books at...wait for it...COMIC BOOK STORES! 8D Omfg, I know, right?
And yes. :D

Laura said...

Whoa. Comic book stores?! I had no idea... =|

Anonymous said...

Yeah! With Comic Book Guys!

Laura said...

Really? =|
Where are these comic book stores located??

Anonymous said...

Uhh..in the city? 8D

Laura said...

Really? Why can't they be close to me???

=|

Are they at the Newsagents or something like that??