Sunday, January 27, 2008

Movie Review - Juno

Vitals
Stars: Ellen Page, Michael Cera
Genre: Comedy
Rated: M
Average Critic Score: 4.5 Stars (out of 5)
My Score: 4.5 Stars (out of 5)

I absolutely loved this movie. It was written by the awesome Diablo Cody, and definately the funniest movie I've seen in a while. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is a unique, and very funny movie.
I loved all the witty one-liners (see quotes below!), and how there wasn't a typical story line and ending. The characters were also amazing.

***WARNING!*** Spoilers may follow!
Juno is a 16-year-old witty and rather strange girl, who has just found that she is pregnant. The father is Bleaker, a dorky guy at her school with bright yellow shorts (how I love those shorts) and a love of Orange Tic-Tacs.
After three pregnancy tests and a whole lotta pee, Juno calls her friend, Leah, and then arranges for an abortion. But Juno backs out at the last minute. Leah suggests that they look in the newspaper for parents wishing to adopt ("Desperately seeking spawn!").
And so Juno meets Vanessa and Mark, and the pregnant-ness begins!

Miri's Fave Quotes From Juno...
"That ain't no Etch-A-Sketch. This is one doodle that can't be undid, homeskillet."

"You better pay for that pee stick when you're done with it. Don't think it's yours just because you've marked it with your urine!"

Juno - They have ads for parents?
Leah - Yeah! Desperately seeking spawn.

"I was hoping she was expelled or into hard drugs."

Vanessa - Hi! I'm Vanessa, you must be Juno, Mr. MacGuff. Hi. Vanessa.
Juno - It's, uh, Vanessa, right?

"If I could just have the thing and give it to you now, I totally would, but I'm guessing it looks probably like a sea monkey now, and we should let it get a little cuter."

"You should've gone to China. You know, 'cause I hear they give away babies like free iPods. You know, they pretty much just put them in those t-shirt guns and shoot them out at sporting events."

Vanessa - Your parents are probably wondering where you are.
Juno - Nah. I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other shenanigans can I get up to?"

"I am a sacred vessel, alright? All you've got in your stomach is Taco Bell."

Bleaker - I still have your underpants!
Juno - I still have your virginity!

"They were talking about it in health class, how pregnancy, it can often lead to an infant."

1 comment:

Laura said...

Nice quotes.. =]

Yeah. The movie was HILARIOUSLY funny.