Monday, February 25, 2008

Sad Songs

I made a list of sad songs and some of my favourite lyrics in them!
List some more in the comments!

Nothing Compares 2 U
Sinead O'Connor (originally by Prince)
"Nothing compares/No, nothing compares to you", duh!

Maps
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
"Wait/They don't love you like I love you/Maps"

Braille
Regina Spektor
"They were just two jerks/Playing with matches/'Cause that's all they knew how to play"

I Miss You
blink-182
"The unsuspecting victim/ Of darkness in the valley/We can live like Jack and Sally if we want/Where you can always find me/And we'll have Halloween on Christmas"

The Day You Went Away
Wendy Mathews
"Does it ever make you wonder what's on my mind?/I was only ever running back to your side/I never cried/I just watched by life go by"

Tears In Heaven
Eric Clapton
"I must be strong/And carry on/'Cause I know I don't belong/Here in heaven"

Angel
Sarah McLachlan
"Spend all your time waiting/For that second chance/For the break that will make it okay/There's always some reason/To feel not good enough/And it's hard at the end of the day"

My Immortal
Evanescence
"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears/When you screamed I'd fight away all of your fears/And I held your hand through all of these years/But you still have all of me"

Goodbye My Lover
James Blunt
"And I still hold your hand in mine/In mine when I'm asleep"

Where'd You Go?
Fort Minor
"Where'd you go?/I miss you so/Seems like it's been forever/That you've been gone/Please come back home"

Because of You
Kelly Clarkson
"You never thought of anyone else/You just saw your pain/And now I cry/In the middle of the night/Over the same damn thing"

Fix You
Coldplay
"Lights will guide you home/And ignite your bones/And I will try to fix you"

Beautiful
Christina Aguilera
"You are beautiful/No matter what they say/Words can't bring you down"

Why
Annie Lennox
"This is the book I never read/These are the words I never said/This is the path I'll never tread/These are the dreams I'll dream instead"

Eleanor Rigby
The Beatles
"All the lonely people/Where do they all come from/All the lonely people/Where do they all belong/Ah, look at all the lonely people"

Everybody Hurts
REM
"Everybody hurts/Everybody cries/Everybody hurts sometimes"

Imagine
John Lennon
"You may say I'm a dreamer/But I'm not the only one"

With or Without You
U2
"I can't live/With or without you/And you give yourself away"

The (After) Life of the Party
Fall Out Boy
"Kiss away young kills and thrills/On the mouths of/All my friends/Cut it loose/Watch you work the room"

So I Thought
Flyleaf
"We say to those who are in love/It can't be true 'cause we're too young/I know that's true because so long I was so in love with you/So I thought"

Black Dress
Kisschasy
"The sheets are creased from your last day/A sillhouette of where you lay"

Bleed Like Me
Garbage
"Avalanche is sullen and too thin/She starves herself to rid herself of sin/And the kick is so divine when she sees bones beneath the skin and she says/Hey baby can you bleed like me"

Cemetary Drive
My Chemical Romance
"The searchlights find us drinking by the mausoleam door/And they found you on the bathroom floor"

Face Down
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
"Face down in the dirt/She says this doesn't hurt/She says/I've finally had enough"

Delilah
The Dresden Dolls
"There's no end/To the love/You can give/When you change your point of view/To underfoot/Very good/You may be flat but you're beathing"

Everything We Had
The Academy Is...
Take the pain out of love/And the love won't exist

Half Jack
The Dresden Dolls
"It might destroy me/But I'd sacrifice my body/If it meant I'd get the Jack part out"

Happy Ending
Mika
"This is the way you left me/I'm not pretending/No hope, no love, no glory/No happy ending"

Helena
My Chemical Romance
"Can you hear me/Are you near me/Can we pretend/To leave and then/We'll meet again/When both our cars collide"

Hum Hallelujah
Fall Out Boy
"One foot in your bedroom/And one foot out the door/Sometimes we take chances/Sometimes we take pills"
*This song was written about Pete Wentz's suicide attempt :'c

It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish
My Chemical Romance
"Bright lights that/Won't kill me know"
"And then I will be with you/I will be there one last time"
"I lost my fear of falling/I will be with you/I will remember you"


I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth
Fall Out Boy
"We can fake it for the airwaves/Force the smiles, baby/Half dead/From comparing myself/To everyone else around me"

Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks
Panic! At the Disco
"I am/Alone in this bed, house, and head/And she/Never fixes this/But at least she/Makes me forget"

My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon
Fall Out Boy
"Peel back your skin/And try to forget how it feels inside/You should try saing no once in a while"

The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes
Fall Out Boy
"Take this to your grave/And I'll take you to mine"

Thirty Whacks
The Dresden Dolls
"And I wonder/Does everyone else live this way"

The Pros and Cons of Breathing
Fall Out Boy
"Wish that I was as invisible as you/Make me feel"

When It Rains
Paramore
"You made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole/And convinced yourself that it's not the reason you don't see the sun anymore"

Sing
The Dresden Dolls
"Life is no cabaret/We don't care what you say/We're invading you anyway/You motherfuckers, you'll sing someday!"

Tell That Mick He Just Made My List of Things to Do Today
Fall Out Boy
"Breaking hearts has never looked so cool/As when you wrapped your car around a tree/Your make up looked so great next to his teeth"

We Are Broken
Paramore
"We are broken/What must we do to restore/Our innocence"

XO
Fall Out Boy
"To the love/I left my conscience pressed/Through the keyhole I watched you dress/Kiss and tell/Loose lips sink ships"

Your Guardian Angel
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
"I will never let you fall/I'll stand up with you forever/I'll be there for you through it all/Even if saving you sends me to heaven"

*If any lyrics are wrong, please tell me so I can correct them!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Whoa. Long list.
One day, when I have nothing to do, I'll read them all.

At the moment I have only read half. =|